ADDITIONAL $20,000 Building BONUS Grant!
In addition, the $25,000 HomeBuilder grant, eligible West Australian’s will now we able to access up to $69,440 in grants!
If you have been thinking about building – now is the time to get it underway and support local jobs.
To help get new homes under construction, the WA Government has introduced $20,000 Building Bonus grants for any Western Australia to build a new house or purchase a property in a single-tier development already under construction.
This bonus grant will be available until the end of the year, and will not be means-tested and have no cap on property value. Unlike the Federal Government’s HomeBuilder Grants.
This bonus grant will be ON TOP of the Federal Government’s HomeBuilder Grants, as well as WA’s First Home Owner Grants and first home buyer duty concession, meaning someone who qualifies for all four could access up to $69,440 in Government assistance to help build their first home.
Simply put, these grants are about getting as many new projects off the ground as possible and keeping as many WA jobs intact as we can.
Building a new detached home
- The home to be constructed must be a detached residence.
- It cannot be for mixed use, commercial purposes or short stay accommodation.
- It cannot share walls or roof structures with any other buildings.
- The land must be vacant.
- You will not be eligible for the grant if there is already a building on the land and the building will not be demolished, regardless of the size of the building or the land.
- If the land already has a building on it that will be demolished, the grant will be paid after the building is demolished.
- The building contract must be in the name of the registered owner of the land.
- If the building contract is not in the name of the registered owner, you must provide supporting evidence to establish it is a bona fide arrangement, for example, there is a guarantor relationship in place or permission has been given by the registered owner for construction to occur.
Building contract and commencement
- You must enter into a comprehensive home building contract to build a new home on the land or a contract to construct and install a new relocatable home on the land between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020. however significant site works must commence within 12 months.
- If you are an owner builder, you must commence construction of the new home on the land between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020.
- You must provide evidence that construction has commenced, which is when the laying of the foundations for the home is completed.
Apply for a grant
- Apply for the grant once construction has commenced (when the foundations have been laid). An application form will be available soon.
- You must apply for the grant by 30 June 2021.
Information regarding Building a new home on a single-tier strata plan can be found HERE
A message from the White Building Co Family
As of the 2020 White Building Co has been in business for 28 years. My son Brent and I have a combined qualified building experience of 54 years! We have sustained success in business throughout the highs and lows of the industry and economy. We are proud to be here in business and to undertake each building project that comes our way. In light of the recent stimulus announcements, we want to reassure all our current and potential customers that we are transparent and will not inflate any of our current practices to absorb this economic stimulus. We will continue to operate as we do with the same objective in mind, building to your budget, engaging local trades and producing quality outcomes. We are here to stay!
If you need a reason to request a quote from us, we hope this does the trick.
White Building Co